These digital advertising strategies remind me why I am consistently impressed with the power of social media: By taking an idea (breast cancer awareness) and linking it to a social media outlet (in this case, Facebook), users become part of an interactive experience. Who wouldn't rather take part in seeing where their friends like to... rest their purses, and in return be prompted to get mammograms or promote their wives, girlfriends, sisters to from there on out? The power social media has to unite the individuals behind the computer screen into a community is mind-boggling.
After the Marie Claire debacle earlier this week (haven't heard of it yet?), I wanted to craft a post that would use the powers of social networking to promote other bloggers' hard work and support our community by posting links to sites I've loved lately.
Hope you enjoy:
- Grilled Cheese Social's Indian-Themed Grilled Cheese. Fitnessista, this reminded me of you!
- Flashbacks from Tropical Eats - brought me back to younger years when I didn't care if I had cake on my face. I think my parents must have skipped over the "food on face, wipe with napkin" lesson, because I'm still working hard to reverse that damage;).
- The hilarious but oh-so-awkward moments of Rachel Wilkerson.
- Anticipating purchasing the phone of my future: number four, to be specific. Beautiful.
- Taking a date to the gym: what do you think?
- Pumpkin Tiramisu. Yes, you read that right. Fall is here, and Better Homes and Gardens provided the public with what looks to be the recipe of the season.
What posts, bloggers and sites are you loving lately? Attach a link to your comment, I'd love to check them out!