Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I like it on...

If you've logged onto Facebook lately (and really, who hasn't?), chances are you've seen that your friends "like it on the ______" - fill in the blank with your choice of kitchen counter, washing machine, etc. This viral trend is raising awareness for breast cancer by letting women update where they like to rest their purses, and is doing a damn good job at that.


I saw PB & Jenny 's status update that she likes it on her yoga mat. My purse is currently on the floor, if that says anything about me.

These digital advertising strategies remind me why I am consistently impressed with the power of social media: By taking an idea (breast cancer awareness) and linking it to a social media outlet (in this case, Facebook), users become part of an interactive experience. Who wouldn't rather take part in seeing where their friends like to... rest their purses, and in return be prompted to get mammograms or promote their wives, girlfriends, sisters to from there on out? The power social media has to unite the individuals behind the computer screen into a community is mind-boggling.

After the Marie Claire debacle earlier this week (haven't heard of it yet?), I wanted to craft a post that would use the powers of social networking to promote other bloggers' hard work and support our community by posting links to sites I've loved lately.

Hope you enjoy:

  • Flashbacks from Tropical Eats - brought me back to younger years when I didn't care if I had cake on my face. I think my parents must have skipped over the "food on face, wipe with napkin" lesson, because I'm still working hard to reverse that damage;).

What posts, bloggers and sites are you loving lately? Attach a link to your comment, I'd love to check them out!

6 comments:

  1. you just made my day! Thank you for posting that link :) you're so cute in that minnie mouse shirt!!!

    i've been loving the blog.. Edible Perspective. Just found it the other day and I love her pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Sexy Life's Love Lists....
    http://crazysexylife.com/tag/love-list/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEUUU YOU GIRL!
    you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been of fan of Heather Eats Almond Butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Burp And Slurp. She's hilarious and always tells great stories with her posts.

    Of course, I wouldn't mind you checking out my site either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it's so awesome the different ways people are raising awareness and getting support for great causes :)

    not to mention that grilled cheese sammie sounds not too shabbyyyy!

    ReplyDelete