Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hump Day: What I'm Sweating

Happy Hump Day! To get through slow-moving Wednesdays, I surf the Internet first thing. As in, before I get out of bed. CNN may say I'm addicted to my smartphone, but I'm living in the 21st century and am proud of my love of technology.


These are some of the articles and finds I'm sweating this hump day:


1. Target brand Monster trail mix: includes peanuts, M&M's, raisins, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips - the perfect mix. Yum!




Brought to my house for late-night snacking this past weekend, my trail mix supply has been slowly dwindling ever since.


2. My "summer" abs. Hello football season, fall and tailgates, goodbye hard stomach. Time to get you back! I will be upping my weights during the Body Pump ab track, as I did this morning, with hopes of reversing the effects of fall semester at Florida;).


Not hard to do, since I'll be listening to Usher's "More." I love the lyrics "I"m a beast, I'm an animal, I'm that monster in the mirror." I appreciate anything that helps me workout that much harder! 


3. Kristen Stewart's hard-headedness. Talk about a white girl problem. How can you complain that your director is requesting you make more healthy choices while simultaneously paying you to make out with Jacob and Edward? 



Done and done!


Now that has to be a tough job - talk about a white girl problem!


4. The Starbucks Digital Network. Along with our pumpkin spice lattes (non-fat milk, double shot) and Wi-Fi, I'll be able to browse a content-driven network that looks like a cross between an online newspaper and magazine. 



The digital network will offer news, entertainment, wellness, business and career, local and Starbucks-oriented news. Read between the lines: an overwhelming amount of information!

While I like the idea of a customized, business-specific information network, I usually go to Starbucks to study. The thought of another information source seems distracting - and it isn't even finals week yet! Mashable's article describes the Starbucks Digital Network as a "complement to the Starbucks experience." Overall, the creation of this network was a great choice to remain top dog in the market for coffee - I can guarantee it will keep me in their cafes longer, buying more ventis to power me through late-night cram sessions. Smart move, Starbucks! 

What are you sweating this Hump Day? What gets you through slowly moving days?

2 comments:

  1. OMG Monster Mix. We had like ten tubs of that in my senior house and when the drunk munchies happened, it was bad. So bad. So good though, too :)

    With you on the abs- I've totally fallen off the bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete