Friday, September 17, 2010

Sugar, Sugar

My skin has looked much better than it has as of late, to put it kindly. Though I use cleansers, wash it after the gym and wear lotion that contains sunscreen, it just doesn't seem like enough.

I'm well aware of the culprits:

White sugar. It comes in many forms - white breads, cookies, my dad's 60th birthday cake. As of late, my life has not been very "everything in moderation," and that needs to change.

Diet sodas: Dr. Pepper and Coke.

Since school started, I've been drinking a lot of these to keep me fueled and high-energy throughout the day. I don't know if I'm addicted, but I need to find replacements.


And I think I've come up with some good ideas:


Plain iced coffee: No more sugar-laden creamers - you know the ones I'm talking about! I don't think they're helping my skin situation.


Red grapes: I currently have a huge bag of these in my fridge. I think natural sugars are a lot better than the refined kind.

How much sugar do you consume? Do you have any sugar-free or low-sugar foods you really enjoy? I would love some suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. ahhh i am addicted to coffeemate hazelnut creamer :(

    iced coffee is definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fruit lover! It always satisfies my taste buds and leaves me feeling refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My diet soda consumption is creeping back up now that I'm in school again too. I just like to drink it in class to keep myself entertained!! I do love natural sugars from fruit though- it may not be as decadent, but it's just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping added sugars in my diet to a minimum is a priority for me; fruit usually does the trick when I want something sweet.

    ReplyDelete