Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hello, October!

Welcome to October!


Fall has officially made its way south, and Florida's temperatures have dropped to chilly 80 degree highs and are in the 60s at night. I just wish I could leave my sliding door open, but alas I live on the first floor, so that's not happening anytime soon. Thankfully, the reduced temps make it easier to run outdoors!

October also granted me to the ability to eat some of the fall goodies I was talking about Wednesday - and they didn't disappoint!

This Morning

I woke up bright & early this a.m. for my favorite class, Body Pump.

Great bodies aren't born, they're forged.

For some reason, it seemed to drag on and on, especially during the squat and tricep exercise tracks. I just couldn't focus! And then the not focusing got me even more off track... My mind was all over the place this morning!

After I got my sweat on, I came home to an even better sight: a package with the seasonal flavors of Clif bars in it, as well as a Five Hour Energy pack - thanks :)

I'm currently snacking on a new (to Target and to me) granola bar from Quaker: Life's Cinnamon Roll Raisin Pecan.


These bars contain:

  • 5g of fiber
  • 6g of protein
  • 20% of my daily value of 5 B-Vitamins
  • 150 calories; 35 from fat

The Life bars are dense, chewy and had chunks of pecans and raisins in them, not just bits and pieces here and there. I bet they would be even more delicious heated or crumbled over Chobani. I'd give them two thumbs up!

Have a great Friday night!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad fall is here in the South! And I hate when workouts drag like that for no good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try a Body Pump class! I wish they offered one around me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I awarded you the versatile blogger award! Check it out http://joggingwithfiction.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog made cooler by your fabulous giveaway. I'm a contestnista and when Angela mentioned your blog I just had to check it out. It will be added to my rotation. Can't get enough healthy eating and fitness talk:)

    ReplyDelete