Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Foodie Fall

Fall: a time where the seasons begin to change, leaves start to fall and boots are pulled on over jeans. This is the norm in 85% of the US, unless you live in Florida, are headed to Clearwater Beach this weekend.

I have to get creative and find my Fall fix in other ways.


Enter: Edy's Limited Edition Pumpkin-Flavored Ice Cream. Perhaps the fact that its a limited time treat associated with my favorite time of year (Halloween, Thanksgiving... I love holidays!), or the fact that it's simply delicious, no other ice cream flavor has ever come close to this.




Topped with whipped cream and graham cracker cookie crumbs, this dessert is a legitmately close knock-off to pumpkin pie.


New treats, courtesy of Target's holiday aisle:


A little less delightful than the previous ice cream, this is much more Pop-Tartty, if you catch my drift, and was a little too processed. Not in love, but it was nice to try out for a while. Feel free to stop by and sample these if you'd like;)

A shared blend (blog friend) favorite is next on my list of fall favorites: the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Grande, full-fat milk and whipped cream is the only way. In my opinion, when it comes to PSLs, you either go big or go home.



Add an iced pumpkin scone (calorie bomb) on the side and you have the perfect fall meal filled with treats. It's a bit much for breakfast, but I've been known to take these to night classes and have a Monday night class this semester.




Mouthwatering. I think I may have to keep the tradition going.


What are your favorite fall treats?

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the pumpkin spice latte, but my absolute fall favorite is apple cider with caramel!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM both look delish :)

    have fun back home this weekend! my favorite fall thing is anything with cranberry! im also excited for eggnog lattes when they come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO MUCH DELICIOUS PUMPKIN!! It stinks that the poptarts still taste processed, but I'll probably still buy some anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha pumpkin things are so fall blog foods. i feel like the food industry makes things pumpkin to direct them solely to bloggers

    have a happy weekend girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not really a treat, but honeycrisp apples are my all time favorite fall food. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. fall is my fave foodie season..can't get enough of that pumpkin flavor! i don't think i could stomach those pop tarts, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete