Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chobani: Nothing But Good

Yesterday was a long, but great, day. If you follow my tweets, you know that I woke up bright and early - 6 a.m. isn't for the faint of heart - put on a suit and trucked all over campus.

When I arrived home mid-afternoon, a UPS sticker on my door led me to my apartment complex's office, where I was greeted with a lovely, large surprise from Chobani!




You can see just how large the box is by the fact that it almost covers half of my kitchen island. Thanks for your generosity, Chobani!

As soon as I tore open the box with my bare hands (a small stretch of the imagination), a smile broke out across my face - look at that loot!

    I'm a lucky lady!


    These are the flavors Chobani gifted to me:

    • Pomegranate
    • Peach
    • Raspberry
    • Honey
    • Pineapple
    • Non-Fat Plain
    • Vanilla
    • Strawberry
    • Low-Fat Plain
    • Low-Fat Strawberry Banana

    I did what any college student lacking space would do - stacked them nicely in my vegetable drawer. I eat my vegetables so quickly, there's no point putting them on the bottom of my fridge!

    Nicely stacked in an unlikely place!

    Fun Facts about Chobani yogurts:

    • Chobani yogurts have between 100 and 160 calories per 6 ounce cup.
    • Chobani gives 10 percent of their profits to charities worldwide (nice!)
    • Chobani has a recipe page on their website that includes recipes for dishes such as guacamole, baked ziti and even cream cheese frosting! It really is amazing how you can transform Greek yogurt to fit into so many other dishes.
    • Chobani's unique straining process, which their site claims "is what makes Chobani Greek Yogurt “Greek," full of flavor and health benefits:
      · All natural. No preservatives. No artificial flavors.
      · No synthetic growth hormones: No rBST-treated milk.
      · Includes 5 live & active cultures, including 3 probiotics.
      · Made with real fruit.
      · Twice the protein of regular yogurts.
      · A good source of bone-building calcium.
      · Gluten-Free and Kosher-Certified.
      · Safe for people with corn, nut and soy allergies."

    Sounds good to me!

    My first victim: Honey 0% Greek Yogurt. I think I'm going to dress this guy up with some raw oatmeal, PB and a drizzle of honey on top - yum!

    Have you ever tried Chobani yogurt? What are your favorite flavors & how do you dress them up?

    6 comments:

    1. You're a lucky girl! I love Chobani. My favorite flavor is definitely honey - and I love to mix in some cantaloupe!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am jealous! Pineapple is definitely my favorite. I love it with granola.

      ReplyDelete
    3. You and I think alike about the honey version! It is a little bit weak and can use some dressing up. Personally, I would just rather have the plain and add my own fix-ins. A lot of the fruit flavors are really excellent though!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I adore Chobani! I'm actually eating a blueberry one right now! Pomegranate is my favorite. I usually just eat them plain, but I also enjoy them mixed with some Kashi GoLean cereal :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Yummm love chobani! I really like the pineapple and pomegranate. I'll have to check out their recipe page!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi! My name is Lainie and I just recently started my blog! I LOVE yours! It's adorable! I hope we can become blog buddies!
      p.s. how did you get Chobani to send you all of those yogurts??!?!

      ReplyDelete