Monday, August 30, 2010

What do Muhammad Ali and I Have in Common?

Where did August go?! It seems like just yesterday I was studying for microeconomics and packing for HLS. Fall semester has begun and it is flying! Why do last semesters of college have the tendency to do that?

In honor of September - which is a busy month for me: football season, Dad's birthday, parent's anniversary (which is coincidentally on Sept. 11), and all other sorts of shenanigans - I decided to create a list of goals. Fitness, health and related to life in general.

Let's have at it!

I consider myself a smart person, so this Google Image seemed appropriate.




S- Specific. I want to:
  • Apply for at least 20 jobs/week.
  • Maintain my GPA.
  • Participate in Body Pump at least twice a week/weight maintenance.
  • Keep up with my internship and work.
  • Enjoy senior fall semester - Gator football starts next week!

M- Measurable. I can:

  • Set time for job applications each day. Most importantly, I can make the time for this, because getting a job is the main reason I went to college to begin with.
  • I can maintain my GPA by staying on top of readings and assignments, studying when I should and taking all extra credit possible.
  • I will take at least two Body Pump classes - 6 a.m. Mondays (eek!) and having the option of Wednesday/Friday mornings, or going to both.
  • I love my internship! Social media and editing are my passions, so that won't be a problem. My side job is negotiable as it's part-time and school/jobs come first. Even in this economy and as much as I appreciate it it's the first thing to go.
  • Enjoying fall semester... Swamp tonight, Grog tomorrow, Fishbowl Fridays, Football Saturday? Come on! It's the easiest goal to set:) Nada happens unless all my work is done though!

Attainable:

  • Right now, all of my goals seem attainable. I'm sure you can assume I'm a bit (just a smidge) more skeptical about my first goal, but I'm willing to work my ass off to make that happen. I've already met my job app "quota" for the week (but will keep going!) and am preparing for Career Fair.
  • On top of that, I do not give up easily. Chances are, I won't.

Relevant:

  • All of my goals are extremely relevant to my senior fall semester. I have had these goals in mind for some time, but waited til now to lay them all out on the table.

Time-Bound:

  • I am very planner-oriented, plus my new phone is absolutely helping me to plan each and every last second of my day. Droid does, and allows me to do what I want to do better. HTC simply created an amazing piece of technology. I'm an iPhone convert and so proud of it.

Those are my goals for now. I'm always adding and changing them up. One thing always seems the same- my will to succeed. This boxer summed it up best:

"Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

5 comments:

  1. Great goals! One of my biggest for September is to get myself on a grocery budget... I am absolutely terrible when it comes to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say that writing down your plans turns them into goals and gets you one step closer so yay for you!

    And yay for Gator football!

    Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's so great how you set time aside to make some goals :) this list will totally keep you on track with everything and it'll make you feel amazing when you can look back and see everything you've accomplished!

    have fun this semester :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great goals! 20 jobs a day is really ambitious but fantastic! I think it's a good idea to set goals at the beginning of the year to help guide you through. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this goal list....I've been thinking recently about what I want to accomplish this school year, and I'm bookmarking this list for when I finally write them down!!

    ReplyDelete