Wednesday, August 25, 2010

HLS: The Food ... Better Late Than Never, Right?

Looking back on HLS, it's hard to imagine I was more excited about anything that day besides the loads of swag we got - I'm still munching on Adora calcium disks and loving every bite!


Alas, I was. Breakfast was the jam. I had oatmeal with (get ready for this list) fresh berries, raisins, nut butter and raisins. Served with a side of pineapple, coffee andddd...

Stonyfield's Mango Honey yogurt, which was absolutely delicious! I have a feeling some of my swag coupons will go to buying more of these guys:

Flash damage optional.
Lonchi: A huuuuge salad, hot peppers, a pickle and more roasted vegetables than I knew what to do with. So I did what I knew, and ate 'em all up!


No one loves roasted eggplant or artichoke hearts more than I do. Double yum!
Ended with a piece of Oreo cheesecake... to. die. for. Lurved the sweetness after all that veg.
Drank some of this guy:


Cinnamon Orange Peel water. Not bad, but I wasn't impressed. I much preferred the Acqua Panna. What can I say, when I want water, I want plain old fashioned H20. It was nice to try, though!

Athenos Feta Break! (I skipped the Quaker break because I was still full and went to FedEx to pick up the HTC Incredible I had shipped to Chicago. Please don't judge me, I just love technology and it was like getting a new toy.)
Beautiful sideways flora!


Tilt ya heads.

Athenos put together a great spread, but by far my favorite snack were their tangy taco salad bites. I had four. Sorry if I ate your share, but I avoided everything else. Kinda.

They were foodgasmic, amazing, so good. As soon as I took a bite, I realized I could've had 500, easily.



Plus some tomatoes, simply because there isn't any vegetable that tastes better to me in the summertime than a juicy, plump tomato. Even in chilly Chicago "summer" weather, when I was covered in goosebumps at night. No joke. I was born and raised in Florida (my excuse for all weather-related dilemmas.)



Pita and hummus, a no-fail combo.



Glad I got to relive the eats of that day through pictures! That's one of my favorite things about blogging:)

Now where can I get some more of those taco salad bites?

2 comments:

  1. the HLS looked like such an amazing and inspirational time! so glad everyone had such a good experience :) i'm hoping they'll do NY next year! fingers crossed haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that you thought it was cold at night there!! I guess it was a little chillier than Florida though :) I loved meeting you at HLS!!

    ReplyDelete