Monday, August 23, 2010

America's Nutrition & Muscletein Review

Last week during the Healthy Living Summit, America's Nutrition sent me different packets of protein powder to sample on Exercise and Eat. Tonight, I decided that a chocolate protein shake would be the perfect pre-class mini meal.



Now that I'm back in school, I find myself noshing on small meals throughout the day. I don't have much time to sit down for full meals like I did in my carefree days of summers past;)



Back to the goods - German American Technologies Muscletein, to be exact. While I am not a body builder by any means, I am an avid Body Pump participant and know that muscles need fuel for repair after a hard workout.





This certainly did the trick! I felt an energy boost and this morning am not feeling in pain from adding weights. I'm even debating running stadiums in the Swamp tonight, if that gives you any indication of how I'm feeling! This picture should give you a good idea.



Nutrition Stats:




Feel free to enlarge to further check out the stats.



Post mixture, pre-stir:




Check out those spills! I am guaranteed to be a mess in the kitchen, no matter what I do.



Pre-stir chunks... it almost looks like brownie batter- YUM! Had a very good chocolate-y taste, as well.



I like to stir with a fork to eliminate all chunkage. I like my protein drinks smooth.



Served with a side of mid-morning Gilmore Girls.




Next time I'm thinking of making a thicker shake with peanut butter, because nothing goes better with chocolate than PB!


What flavors of protein shakes do you like? What do you like to add to your shakes to thicken them up?


Thanks again to America's Nutrition for letting me review Muscletein - can't wait to try the other flavors!

1 comment:

  1. i love me a good protein powder! shakes are such a quick and easy thing when you're in a hurry or don't have the time and i always love having protein powder on hand for just in case purposes!

    ReplyDelete