Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Worlds Apart

My life has done many "complete 180s" this year. Even from this past week to this (summer vacation to two classes), it's been a HUGE change. I'm taking a human sexuality course, which is meant for freshman, and I'm a senior, yet I think I'm the most conservative/easily embarassed one in the room... I digress...

There's even been some other changes in my life, and I'm ridiculously excited to get to write about that at the bottom of this post.

Read on...

Instead of waking up at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. (I'm soaking up college life while I still can!), I wake up at 7 a.m. with the sun to jump on the treadmill.

Here I am doing incline workouts:



I slowed down the pace a couple notches so I wouldn't fall on my face, lose some teeth and bruise my entire body. In case you were wondering.

How I have at least five bruises on each of my legs is beyond me... any ideas with how I could have run into this many tables and not remembered it?

By the end of the evening, I needed a glass of wine desperately. Along with some blog reading, it was the perfect post-long day beverage.


Check out the classy way I'm holding my wine. No one needs to know I was in my pajamas at the time:)

Plus some dessert (chocolate lucky charms, I hear they're organic;) and some Fitnessista, it was a divine way to end the evening.


Here's the main event!

Tonight I went to spinning with a friend. This was a pretty big deal for me because I haven't been to spinning class since 2008, and for good reason.


There was a time in my life when I was obsessed with "health," and went WAY too far overboard. I would literally have a couple bites of Dannon Light and Fit, spin, then not eat til my dinner of Lean Cuisines. Not healthy at all, right?!

On top of that, I would take TWO spinning classes EACH day. I only could do this because I was going to a much easier school in an image-obsessed area. If you've been reading for a while, you know where this is.

Needless to say, I was a little nervous about tonight, but I approached it totally differently. I ate normally beforehand, made sure I was properly fueled with greek yogurt beforehand, and ate afterward.

The best part? I'm happy with going back when I can, and not forcing it upon myself, and properly fueling. I left feeling like this:


Except the female version, of course!

In other news, I'm loving Miley Cyrus' CD... who knew? Especially Robot and Liberty Walk... check them out!

And I'm 99% sure I'm going to the Healthy Living Summit to hang out with you guys! I can't wait:)

In other news, I may or may not blog during July 4th weekend, but I will be tweAting. Stay safe, have fun and remember what this weekend is really about- be thankful for your freedoms! What are you doing for the Fourth?

"Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."- Who said it?

6 comments:

  1. Hi There! Just came across your blog (through Fitnessista actually!) :) I just have to say "AMEN" to the wine and blog reading after a long day! I'm also glad that I'm not the only person who sometimes eats cereal for dessert. Chocolate Lucky Charms=YUM. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE did you find chocolate Lucky Charms and HOW did I not know about them? Sounds amazing!! I can't wait to meet you at the HLS- it's going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have that fear whenever I'm runnign fast on the treadmill- that I'm gonna lose my balance, whack my face on the bar, and go flying. My only gym phobia :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!!!
    chocolate LUCKY CHARMS sounds aweeeesome!! I LOVE SPINNING! I wish I had it here! goodness it hurts at first but then its easier.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spinning classes and even have my own bike at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on changing for the better. That must have taken a toll on your mentally and physically (barely eating and spinning) because spinning is an intense workout for sure. :-)
    I am not sure who said that but would love to know (the quote)
    Happy 4th! Also, check out my blog for my giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete