Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I did on my Summer Vacation

Good afternoon, readers! It's great to see ya again:)

I've been on summer break between A and B sessions, and since it lasts about 2 seconds, I've been avoiding my computer a bit. Where have I been?

Hiding out in the pages of these books: Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant, One Nation Under Therapy and The Unsavvy Traveler.


This isn't exactly Jenna's summer reading club list, but the books are pretty good. Have any of y'all ever read Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant? I'm enjoying most of it so far, even though my stomach growls unneccessarily loud whenever I read it.

Which may have scared some beach-goers yesterday on Clearwater Beach... how lucky am I to live (semi-) close to this location? I swear, if UF backed up to this it would be perfect.


I also tweeted about its perfection.

I'm not complaining about being in walking distance from The Swamp, FYI. Safety first! (You'd know what I meant if you've ever lived in Gainesville;)

On to some eats...

Snacking on broccoli, salsa and d. coke while perusing Victoria's Secret bathing suit sale. Bought a cute black bandeau for the weekend of the fourth.



Plus a large handful of nuts on the side... (I'm trying very, very hard right now to not make inappropriate TWSS jokes- just missed the mark on that one).


Rosemary-lemon chicken with tons-o-ketchup. Ketchup only accentuates a dish's flavah. In case you were wondering.


And my most recent meal, lonchi, which consisted of a Boar's Head turkey, Sabra's roasted garlic hummus, tomato and Tabasco Flat Out spinach wrap with a side of Taste.

Yum.
Are you guys on break? How do you enjoy the summer months?

4 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to live so close to such a gorgeous spot! This summer I've been trying to enjoy myself as much as possible and take advantage of being HOME...fully stocked pantry, car at my disposal, etc!

    One Nation Under Therapy sounds interesting, just by the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I've never thought to try broccoli and salsa! I'm actually going on vaca soon, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book! (alone in the kitchen with an eggplant)have yet to read it, though! I'm on summer break soon..from work that is! I will be taking full course load through distance ed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fun vacation. love the beach view. i'm currently sunburned, but hopefully i will return to the beaches of lake MI soon.

    ReplyDelete