Monday, May 10, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Hey, bloggies! I've missed ya today!

Since Summer A session of classes started today, I feel like I've been missing out, since I haven't been attached at the hip to Twitter and blogs all day! It's going to be a long 6 weeks, but I think I can pull through it, though I will miss your updates terribly! Can you say addict??

First of all, check out this amazeballs (my new word, thanks Giuliana Rancic,) that my aunt made for Mother's Day! She even made the chocolate that was on top of it- it was a beach themed cake (with sugar sand, no joke) and she made shell- and seahorse-shaped chocolates!


Holy yum! There's some in my fridge and I am trying soooo hard to ration it:) We'll see how well this turns out! To me, cake it where it's at and I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That beaut's probably not gonna last til Friday;)


Since summer classes started, I eat on the go like no one's business. Between running to the gym (for another Body Combat session! LOVE those classes- I left drenched again:), then driving back to my apartment, running from class to class and then getting your "normal" day-to-day stuff done, it's busy!
I love it because I can feel myself getting back into loving school. Spring was kind of an off semester for me, so I'm more than ready to dive in head-first now! I love learning, and I hope that never dies.
I had 4 of these bars today and am finally eating real food. What are good on-the-go foods besides granola bars? I think I might bring some dried fruit along with me, but I know y'all will have some good ideas!


My planner is still blank, as my "hard class" will only be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This time period is definetly the calm before the storm. I predict next week will bring on exams and lots o' work quickly!

When I was buying my Rock and Roll in American Society (no joke, that's the class- it isn't a breeze, but the subject matter is awesome! We watched a movie that had the love of my life, Steven Tyler, in it- awesome!) I picked up this self-help book from the genius matchmaker, Patti Stanger, of The Millionaire Matchmaker.


I am geniunely surprised and impressed by this book. Sure, it will be a quick read, but it wasn't designed for gold-diggers- Patti even talks poorly about the subject! I am by no means looking for a millionaire, but I would reccommend it to anyone who has had a hard time getting over an ex or if you've recently been through a tough breakup. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Moving on:)
Have you heard these songs? These are my theme songs right now- and they're all over the place!
The Glee Cast's version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - check out this video! Amazeballs:)
Carrie Underwood's new single, "Undo It" (Great for runs:)
Drake's "Over" - everyone loves the I'm doing me part, right!?

Hope you guys have a great Monday night! I'll probably be reading Patti's words of wisdom and watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey... such a guilty pleasure! What are yours?

14 comments:

  1. I love the NJ Housewives!!! They crack me up! I also LOVE Four Weddings...on TLC on Friday nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good luck on rationing that cake. LOOKS AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i heart millionare matchmaker! i should probably get that book too. my love life is having major issues at the moment lol

    Love that carrie underwood song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi girl!
    my mom bought me a self help book when i was in highschool on how to effective communication and patience i think... clearly i did not read it.

    that cake is seriously amazing looking.. and all homemade it must have been delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God that cake looks to die for! Such a good Mother's Day dessert :) And I love Undo It, a friend of mine just introduced me to it and I should add it to my running playlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That piece of cake looks too good! Feel free to share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that cake would be so hard to ration! Yum, num, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha i totally wanted to read that patti stanger book! let me know how it is girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your tweet the other day about the Carrie U song, so I downloaded it! I love it! I crank it super loud in my car lol!

    As far as healthy snacks on the go - I always have a small bag of organic unsalted dry roasted nuts in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy moly, that cake looks super delicious! I absolutely love Patti Stanger, I think she is so hilarious and intelligent. I might have to run out and get that book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, that cake = amazing looking!
    So glad you're loving school. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Learning can actually be fun?!I think wraps are great on the go food, as are anything homemade (bread, muffins, etc). I also like roasting almonds and combining them with Kashi cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the same planner! Target?!

    I just got way too excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your blog! would love if you checked out mine! http://thedancingdivaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love The Millionaire Matchmaker! I also love the NJ Housewives...they are CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete