Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pumpin' that Iron

Hey, guys! Hope you're having a relaxing Saturday afternoon:)

I was lucky enough to meet up with Gina of Fitnessista and Lindsey of Sound Eats-- we ate lunch at the Flying Biscuit Cafe, a great breakfasty place on the more residential side of town, away from UF. I linked ya'll right to the menu section of the Web site (obviously the most important!)

No worries, it was as delish as it looks! I had the Hollywood Omelette sans white cheddar cheese. I ate the top layer of the biscuit- aka the best part!- with a little of the Flying Biscuit's jam. Absolutely delicious, and perfect alongside great company and conversation:)



On the way out the door, Gina gifted me with some of her chocolate macaroons - which I am noshing on after my strength training sesh at the gym!


I decided that I needed to incorporate some more iron-pumping into my sweat sessions. You know when you can just tell you need it? Today it hit me that I need to be hitting those leg machines and, unfortunately, going into the "men's side" of the gym to work on upper body strength.
You never know, I might pick up a cutie or two next to all that iron... we can work out together and grab a protein shake after... maybe even do some GTL rotations a la The Jersey Shore (as if you need a link!)
I can already feel it, in a good pain kind of way- and can't wait to see the results in my runs!
I'm now off to the 'rents house down south for Easter- hope you guys get some good Easter baskets:)

11 comments:

  1. It was so good to meet you! And I'm glad I got to try Flying Biscuit!

    Can't wait for Satchels! :)

    (Ahh for some reason it's making me comment as Mrs. LC, not Sound Eats! whoops!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW how FUN!! Flying Biscuit sounds amazing!!!
    ahaha love the jersey shore shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a blasty with you girls today! let's do it again soon <3
    glad you had an awesome workout!
    gtl- haha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. + for bloggie meet up ... that's FUN!

    - for the male side of the gym... i haven't made it there yet either.. scary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked like a fun meet-up!!! I need to find some DC bloggers! :)

    Have a great day <3

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to do a meet up! let me know when you're around Atl! :) have a good day!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww what a fun meetup!! glad you had such a good time haha.

    ..hoping to see you next season on the dirty joizy shaw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter!! That sounds like such a fun meetup, Gina's blog was the first I ever read! Hope you're having a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good iron pumping workout! My body always thanks be afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That omelet looks delicious; wish I was down in Florida to mange on that...hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go to UF and we often go to the flying biscuit! i love that place!

    ReplyDelete