Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Health Care Reform

Oooh, controversial subject header, hey? I'm not going to be discussing Obamacare or Tea Parties on Exercise and Eat- just yet, at least!

Not that kind of tea party;)

Regardless of your personal feelings, I decided to write a personal "reform" statement for myself. Comparable to that of a mission statement (like that of Operation Beautiful's) or promise to myself, I wanted to make a deal with myself.


No more of this^^^^!

I was inspired a bit by the past couple days, that have been interesting;) To say the least... And by this quote: "Change your thinking, change your life." Hopefully that pertains (does that word work here? err...) to this, too!

Here goes:
I promise to treat my body like the running, Pump-ing, temple that it is. I will do this by eating sufficient calories and eating intuitively, by eating real food (most of the time;) and enjoying the occasional splurge.

I will not treat my body like it was meant to be pushed for hours on end each day, slaving away for the sake of numbers. I will be a balanced exercise-er, including weight lifting (strength is sexy!) and even throwing a little yoga in the mix.

I will not base my body off anyone else's. Miranda Kerr I am not, but eating mindfully will not make me (insert fear body here.)

There may have been times I weighed less, but the difference between then and now is an honest 5 pounds. The larger difference lies in the health of my hair and nails (underneath the fakes;), my energy levels, and the most important difference: the ability to eat food and not blow up like a balloon if it's anything other than salad or fat free versions of the "real thing." I promise to not be mad at myself when having that extra beer, or slice of cake.

Most importantly, I promise to love myself - or work on being better at it - and not base what I think about myself off of what others do. Because I believe that when you think you look good, that translates to others. And I promise to smile as much as I can!

Things that are making me smile in this moment:

1. I tweeted about wanting to get to 100 followers, and so many people responded. I would like to say hello and thank you! I teared up... no joke! This reaffirms my love for blogging! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

2. "Hello Goodbye" and "Hello" by the cast of Glee. Now that the season has started, you'll be seeing a lot of song links on here, but they are sooo good!

3. Satchels meet-up with Lindsey and Shannon?? Let me know, girls!

What is your idea of personal health care reform or promise to yourself?

And a MAJOR thank you to everyone who followed me on Twitter, again, you made my night. THANK YOU!!

7 comments:

  1. I love you for this post. Ahmen. I think everyone could use the goals for yourself that you present in this post. I always think how is someone else suppose to love me if i do not fully love myself.

    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I am trying my hardest to change my thinking and view of myself. It is tough, but the more you say something, the more you believe it. Right now my mantra is fake it till I make it. One fav quote that I have is "Rule your mind or it will rule you"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I have to say, when I saw the title of this post I kind of groaned, because I'm not a fan of mixing politics and blogging. But I LOVE this post. Seriously. I'm thinking of printing your reform and taping it to my wall...I need more reminders like this!!

    Thanks for reminding me that it's okay to eat that chocolate I'm craving right now. You've made my afternoon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post :)

    Great reform statement - too bad we can't sign this into a bill for the country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post! This is really inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT post girl! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL if we could ALL do this-all girls in america..that would be SO FREAKING AWESOME!! love ou tons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, i loved that episode of one tree hill!

    ReplyDelete