Friday, April 9, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

How beautiful is this picture? I am so thankful I live near to the beautiful beaches of St. Augustine, Florida. Perfect therapy after a rough week.

Boys will be boys. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

The ocean solves everything for me. There is something about the calming sound of the waves and the powerful way it can literally wash you of everything- so cleansing! It gives me that relaxed, yoga feeling.


Much like the bath I just took did. I am typing this to you with my hair up, turban-style. You know what's up.

My girlfriends and the wonderful Gilmore Girls have been there for me. I only wish I had all of the seasons, but only have 6 and 7. I guess I can watch them online, like I do with HBO shows like Big Love.

Disclaimer: I do not promote show-stealing, but it is sometimes inevitable;)

Ya'll have provided me with comfort to, via your blogs and Twitter. Is it weird that blogs provide me a sense of comfort? Do they do the same for you?



Love these ladies.

And who hasn't heard about this story that's floating around newspapers and being talked about by the health-conscious? I can't be the only one who thinks eating a sandwich where the bread component is replaced by meat? That just seems gross to eat with your hands.

The calories aren't that out of control, at a somewhat respectable 540, but seriously? You're eating a sandwich of fried chicken, filled with bacon and cheese. Really, KFC, REALLY!??!

No wonder the lovely Jamie Oliver is taking such interest in helping us out! If you haven't already, I seriously recommend watching his show on ABC on Demand. It's really great stuff.

Mmm, that picture just makes me crave meat and cheese... Maybe the people behind the Atkins diet will support this?
Well, I'm off to Tampa for my friend's father's funeral service. Sad day, and it reminds me to not sweat the small stuff - to say the very least. I'm heading to Atlanta on Saturday, and have a work party on Sunday and Monday- some good times ahead:) Gina and Lindsey, we're going to Flying Biscuit for one of our work parties! I can't wait:)
What are your weekend plans? Any travels planned?
I hope ya'll have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Blogging is really comforting! I never thought I'd get into it, but lately I've been loving the community! I also love Gilmore Girls! Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blogs are definitely comforting to me. Some days you just feel like no one in your life cares (even though there are always people that do), and you get a comment that just makes you smile, or read a funny post that puts you in a better mood, or see a delicious food combination you'd like to try.

    Enjoy your weekend love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogs are most certainly comfort and supportive for me. don't know what i'd do w/o them adn the people who support me behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow Jamie Oliver on twitter and he tweeted about KFC's new creation he said.. "It's Amazing....in a bad way". I find it pretty gross too, and on KFC's website there is a countdown going for when those sandwiches are coming out!!! Guess some people are really excited.

    My biggest weekend plan is that I am going to Disney tomorrow!!

    Hope you are having a great start to your weekend girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Gabriela took the words right out of my head! She is so right now. Blogging is so comforting to me. I love it. I try to take a mini break from it and last what 2 days if even.

    HAHA oh KFC that is sick creation but I bet meat lovers everywhere are ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoon. Can't get enough of those gals. My bf calls them the Gilly Girls and makes fun of Rory's lollipop head. I always come to her defense.

    I also wrote about that KFC thing. Eeeek. The bread is my favorite part of a sandwich, so this is highly disappointing.

    ReplyDelete