Friday, March 12, 2010

Pizza Palace Thoughts

Tonight at work (at the pizzeria, i.e. my post title), I was debating- as a waitress, I run around quite a bit: back and forth through the tables, up and down stairs, in and out of the kitchen. Most likely, I'm carrying a plate or two of pasta or an extra-large pizza with all the fancy toppings while this running about is going on.



These factors, along with watching most of the wait staff hungrily eat their pizza of choice (courtesy of the restaurant after hours of working) got me wondering: at the end of the day, when all exercise and calories consumed is said and done, what really matters more: exercise or food consumed?


I'm sure you and I have heard O.C. housewife rumors (on the reunion special, Alexis - who is a food expert, right?:) - claimed it to be 60% food intake, 40% sweating, read Time magazine articles, and wondering about the subject itself.


Which is why I turn to you, dear bloggies and food experts alike, what is your opinion on the subject matter? Would I be "ruining" all of my work exercise by indulging in a hot, cheesy slice at the end of a shift?

As a side note- this might be a gray area in terms subject matter, and I'm sorry if it offends anyone. I'm just curious about opinions/expertise if it's out there in blog land.

4 comments:

  1. The pizza looks great! I would definitely enjoy a slice if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think that food intake is more important than exercise. That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with a slice of pizza though!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you can ruin activity, I think you can choose not honor it with unhealthy choices. But what is healthy anyway? Sometimes I think only half of it is nutrition, the other part is how it emotionally, mentally, and physically feels. If you're craving it, I say go for it :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, thanks for the comment! I don't think there's anything wrong with indulging in a cheesy, delicious slice of pizza when you're craving it! It's probably not something to chow down on as a food group, but there's room for just about everything in a healthy diet!

    ReplyDelete