Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jillian Michaels and diet pills: two terms I never thought I'd hear in one sentence.

Earlier this morning, I stumbled across an advertisement for a supposed diet product, which resulted in Google-ing "Jillian Michaels diet pills."

I was so disappointed to find out that this wasn't just a Facebook gimmick.

The Biggest Loser trainer is actually marketing a diet pill program, the EXTREME QUICKSTART Rapid Weight Loss Program.

To me, Jillian Michaels always seemed like a woman who had her head on straight and wouldn't resort to taking drugs, most of which are not approved by the FDA, in order to achieve a more rapid weight loss.

Was she not a proponent of "eat less, exercise more" when it comes to weight loss? Or was that just a facade used to gain contestants and television viewers?

Whatever happened to losing extra pounds the old-fashioned way?
Are these drugs going to be a new addition to the latest season of The Biggest Loser that previews Tuesday?

It kind of feels as if yet another healthy-living role model has fallen to the wayside.

3 comments:

  1. I too am very disappointed in "America's Toughest Trainer" ...should change her name to "America's Top Pill Pusher"

    Old fashioned eat less move more still works for my clients:-)

    Thanks for putting it out there. Trainers/Coaches who really care about their clients would never tell them to take these $99 pills or any other on the market.

    DC's Toughest Trainer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 5'2" and 208lbs....severly obese. My BMI is 38.1! I told my PCP about my family medical history. He agreed that Phentermine HCL 30mg 1 X daily would be the best thing for me. Today was my third day, and I have had no side effects from the medication. I am already noticing a difference in my appetite. Instead of eating my family out of house and home, I can eat smaller meals, and get fuller faster.
    I strongly recommend this medication for the severly obese.

    cheap Phentermine

    ReplyDelete